- People Management: Responsible for setting goals and holding management team accountable. Provide feedback, rewards and recognition.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrate clear communication. Promote collaboration and positive professional work environment. Adhere to company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel exceeds company and brand standards for guest satisfaction.
- Training: Analyze quality issues, identify training needs, and ensure implementation to improve results. Utilize available resources and adhere to company training policies.
- Sales: Provide leadership support and direction to the sales team. Take an active role in sales process by coordinating accounts to maximize sales and develop demand trends. Make sales calls, maintain own accounts, and capitalize on miscellaneous revenue opportunities.
- Financial: Aggressively pursue revenue goals. Responsible for yield management and maximization of revenue. Prepare and manage budget to ensure smooth and efficient operational procedures.
- Community Involvement: Ensure good standing in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with local schools, universities, Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors Bureau, other hotels, and other community organizations.
- Cost Control: Manage expenses to maximize company/hotel profitability. Responsible for effective labor management, follow company procurement guidelines, and apply good business judgment. Seek and implement cost saving strategies. Responsible for the "bottom line".